The primary objective of the PandA project is to develop a usable framework that will enable the research of new ideas in the HW-SW Co-Design field.
The PandA framework includes methodologies supporting the research on the high-level synthesis of hardware accelerators, parallelism extraction for embedded systems, hardware/software partitioning and mapping, metrics for performance estimation of embedded software applications, and dynamically reconfigurable devices.
The source files currently distributed mainly cover the high-level synthesis of C/C++-based descriptions.
Patches and pull requests could be submitted at GitHub, while stable releases are available for download through this link.
For further information, send an e-mail to email@example.com or visit the google group page.
The following support is gratefully acknowledged:
- Xilinx through the donation of two Nexys4 boards and for full licenses of Vivado Design Suite.
- Altera through the donation of many DE1 CycloneII boards, one DE1-SOC, and a full Quartus software license.
- NanoXplore through the donation of many licenses of NanoXplore software.
- European Union for funding some of this work through this list of projects:
- ICODES – Interface and Communication based Design of Embedded Systems
- hArtes – Holistic Approach to Reconfigurable Real-Time Embedded Systems
- Synaptic – SYNthesis using Advanced Process Technology Integrated in regular Cells, IPs, architectures, and design platforms
- Faster – Facilitating Analysis and Synthesis Technologies for Effective Reconfiguration
- HERMES – qualification of High pErformance pRogrammable Microprocessor and dEvelopment of Software ecosystem
- EVEREST – dEsign enVironmEnt foR Extreme-Scale big data analytics on heterogeneous platforms
- European Space Agency for funding some of this work through this list of contracts:
- ESA/ESTEC/Contract N. 4000100797 – Development of methodologies and tools for predictable, real-time LEON-DSP-based embedded systems.
- ESA/ESTEC/Contract No. 22167/09/NL/JK. Cache Optimization for LEON Analysis (COLA).
- ESA/ESTEC/Contract Call-Off Order 4 “Multicore and Schedulability Analysis” for TASTE project.
- ESA/ESTEC/Contract No. 4000121154/17/NL/LF Compact Reconfigurable Avionics Model-Based Avionic Design (CORA-MBAD)